Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> writes:

> Note that at the moment, my MUA (Evolution) has three buttons. None
> behave "correctly" for mailing lists:
> Reply = Reply to sender only
> Reply to all = reply to all previous sender and recipients
> Reply to list = Reply to list only, dropping non-subscribed sender.

Those sound correct.

If someone writes a message to a list, but doesn't arrange to read
messages from that list, I don't think we can expect software to
automatically figure out that they would nevertheless like to receive
those messages.

Either the sender needs to arrange to get those messages themselves (by
subscribing to the list), or they will need to rely on people manually
doing what the mailing list could do for them (sending replies
individually to them).

--
 \         “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” —Mahatma |
  `\                                                            Gandhi |