Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

I demand that Ben Finney may or may not have written...

[snip]
> If someone writes a message to a list, but doesn't arrange to read messages
> from that list, I don't think we can expect software to automatically
> figure out that they would nevertheless like to receive those messages.

We certainly can't expect MUAs to do so. The list management software, OTOH,
can (up to a point) by adding a Mail-Followup-To header, if one is not
already present, containing the list address and, if the sender is not
subscribed, his address.

> Either the sender needs to arrange to get those messages themselves (by
> subscribing to the list), or they will need to rely on people manually
> doing what the mailing list could do for them (sending replies individually
> to them).

It does still leave some people having to do that, but that's unavoidable.

| + Burn less waste. Use less packaging. Waste less.     USE FEWER RESOURCES.

To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.