Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Noah Slater wrote:
> If this is such a concern, I would like to see the Code of Conduct
> updates to recommend that people concerned with follow up emails set
> the appropriate headers in their own clients. This was detailed
> earlier in this thread.

If people want followups, they can explicitely ask for them, whether
by setting MFT, or by just asking. This is precisely what the CoC
says:

 * When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon
   copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to
   be copied.

Regardless, the start of this sub-thread was in violation of the CoC
itself. If you need to complain to someone about Cc:'ing you, complain
directly to them, not to the list.

 * If you want to complain to someone who sent you a carbon copy when
   you did not ask for it, do it privately.

Finally, if anyone has issues with how the lists are administrated or
the CoC, mail listmaster@lists.debian.org; it doesn't really need to
be discussed on -devel. [I won't comment further on -devel; mail
listmaster@ if you actually have suggestions or problems.]

Don Armstrong

--
We were at a chinese restaurant.
He was yelling at the waitress because there was a typo in his fortune