Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:

> If this is such a concern, I would like to see the Code of Conduct
> updates to recommend that people concerned with follow up emails set
> the appropriate headers in their own clients. This was detailed
> earlier in this thread.

The appropriate fields *are* set: the mailing list sets the RFC 2369
fields for replies to the list, and the author sets the From and
(optionally) the Reply-To fields for replies to the sender.

Is this so hard, people? We have large brains evolved in part precisely
for the purpose of figuring out the protocols of communication and
applying them moment to moment. If you don't want to decide in a given
instance whether you want to respond publicly or privately, you're
betraying your biological legacy.

--
 \       “I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me |
  `\                                        as members.” —Groucho Marx |