Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Le lundi 20 avril 2009 à 19:43 +0200, Michael Biebl a écrit :
> Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Why not introduce a FDI that disables polling for drives that are known
> > to be broken?
>
> You mean like
> /usr/share/doc/hal/examples/no-cd-media-check.fdi
> and the note in README.Debian?

Something like this, but installed by default with an up-to-date list.

> My feeling is, that whatever we do, some people will still complain.

But if we do things right, we can reasonably say that those who complain
are assholes. Currently, they still have a point.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 “Lenny” has been released!
: :' :