Re: Transition of initscripts to new order / sequence number

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:51:09 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> Only, in this case, we need it abstracted (which it already is), and
> we need it to _remain_ abstracted.
>
> Otherwise, we will have massive pains to switch initsystems (as in:
> it will be either completely impossible, or it will take two or three
> stable releases to do it).  It was trouble enough to implement
> invoke-rc.d.

Who would want to do that, anyway? Why replace a simple working solution
with something complex and overengineered?

It's getting harder and harder to really understand the system because
so many things get replaced by more complex solutions and basic
interfaces are abstracted and thus become inscrutable.

Cheers,
harry