Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 07:18:07PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Uh, what are you saying here?  That we should use "  * " to prepend
> items in itemized lists, so that it can be converted to HTML lists by
> packages.debian.org et al.?  If not, what else?

Yes.

More generally, I believe we can benefit in the long run of some
simple text-based markup that support the basic emphasis stuff we are
used to use in emails; markdown is just an example of such a language.

Having to choose a syntax for itemized list, it would be wise to
choose one which is future compatible with such a language.

Cheers.