Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

> On Fri, Dec 19 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> For the record, the same is true in American English (the colloquial
>> phrase being "a stick up your ass" and regularly used without any sexual
>> connotation whatsoever).  I don't know if Russell's objections are unique
>> to Australia or unique to Russell.

>> The phrase isn't considered *polite* by any stretch of the imagination,
>> and can be taken as quite insulting, but it isn't a sexual insult.

>         Does the fact that the insult was not sexual somehow make it
>  acceptable behaviour?

Not as far as I'm concerned.  But then I also thought the parody sent to
d-d-a was inappropriately sexist and offensive, so I'm apparently some
sort of censorious Nazi or hyper-sensitive PC freak or whatever the
current in-vogue terminology for people who prefer basic politeness and
respect over that form of humor is.