Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

Agustin Martin <agmartin@debian.org> writes:

> For the record, a similar expression also exists in Spanish, either with
> a broomstick or with an umbrella. Both ends are used in the
> expression. No sexual connotation implied at all.
>
> World is not that different,

For the record, the same is true in American English (the colloquial
phrase being "a stick up your ass" and regularly used without any sexual
connotation whatsoever).  I don't know if Russell's objections are unique
to Australia or unique to Russell.

The phrase isn't considered *polite* by any stretch of the imagination,
and can be taken as quite insulting, but it isn't a sexual insult.