Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

What about reading documentation instead of expecting that we feed you
everything?

I'm sorry if I tipped onto several peoples toes: Yes, I know how to
*seek* for the documentation about triggers but wasn't this thread about
"user experience" of Joey Normaluser who upgrades his box (for instance
from Etch to Lenny) and is wondering what these triggers might be?  I do
not think that he has a chance to read what you have suggested me to read
before he is confused about the lot of output.  My intention was to say
that IMHO there is an urgent need to explain the new trigger feature
to our users *before* they stumble by chance about stuff they do not
understand.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--