Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Colin Watson wrote:

Being completely uneducated is fine - we don't expect everyone to be
dpkg gurus! - but it's worth listening to people who *are* educated
before saying things like "triggers have done more harm than good".

Sure, that's why I issued this provocation to "trigger" something I
could listen to.  The only other information about triggers on this list
was a flamewar which circled basically around formatting of dpkg code
issues.  Did I missed some announcement which might have helped me
to understand triggers better?

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--