Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Joey Hess wrote:

#473461

But this bug ends with a question:

    What do you think?

/me as a completely uneducated apt / aptitude user thinks: Triggers have
done more harm than good.  Please consider this as a stupid users opinion
but I would not mention this "feature" as a thrilling enhancement in the
release notes of Lenny (at least if until then are no effective means done
to prevent running triggers so frequently = #473461 is fixed).  In other
words in my eyes #473461 should not be wishlist but grave.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de