Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:27:55 +0200, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:

[...]

From a "Joe User" perspective, I think delay rather misses the point. The reason for triggers is not to do stuff later, it's to consolidate processing
so actions don't need to be done multiple times.

Actually, as "Joe User" (me ;-) I'm wondering, why I get during an update of let's say 20 packages the triggers message for man-db and menu not once at the end, but several times every few packages. I thought, the idea is, to let the triggers to the work once during one install.

Regards,

    Tilo