Re: Mailing lsit code of conduct, again

"Martin Langhoff" <martin.langhoff@gmail.com> writes:

> In this modern age of a mailman that lets subscribers configure their
> subscription to avoid duplicates, and procmail filters that help do
> the same at the client end (and some mail clients that have similar
> abilities of their own - ie gmail)... why does this funny and akward
> rule of debian lists persist?

Because I've configured all of the above, and *still* get individual
copies of messages that were sent to the list. I'm not subscribed to
the Debian mailing lists, so there is no "duplicate" that can be
detected by such methods.

The solution, as requested in the CoC, is to not have the message
copies sent individually in the first place.

--
 \        "I fly Air Bizarre. You buy a combination one-way round-trip |
  `\    ticket. Leave any Monday, and they bring you back the previous |