Mailing lsit code of conduct, again (was: divergence from upstream as a bug)

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:26:20PM +0000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > What I've requested is laid out in the Debian mailing list code of
> > conduct as behaviour to be expected in the absence of explicit
> > requests. A Mail-Followup-To field setting may or may not count as
> > an explicit request; in the absence of that, the code of conduct
> > should apply.
>
> oh boy, are we really "fighting" over a dupe of a mail ?

Your mail message individually to me is not wanted, and I have a
reasonable expectation through the mailing list code of conduct *and*
through my explicit request that you not send it. Yet you continue to
do so, violating both.

> wasting 4k of data and two keystrokes ?

You make unfounded assumptions about how I receive and handle messages
in this forum.

> CoC is meant to reduce rudeness

Then please have it reduce your rudeness, and comply with explicit
requests both from me and the ML CoC: stop sending unwanted mail
messages when the messages are already sent to the list.

--
 \      "I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add."  |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |