Re: Mailing lsit code of conduct, again

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> Another solution  on your  side is to  use Mail-Followup-To.
> [...]
> Most mailers comply with this header.

That field is non-standard, and there are many MUAs that don't obey
it. It's not much of a solution if I can't expect it to be applied
consistently.

Whereas with the ML CoC, I do have a reasonable expectation that most
people should follow it as a recommended best practice on the mailing
lists.

> With gnus, this is really easy: just set message-subscribed-regexps
> to a list of regexps of the list you are subscribed to.

That set is empty. I don't (nor do I wish to) receive messages in
Debian list discussions via email.

--
 \      Q: "I've heard that Linux causes cancer..."  Torvalds: "That's |
  `\       a filthy lie. Besides, it was only in rats and has not been |