Re: The meaning of Vcs-* fields

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

Many people correctly pointed out that get-orig-source is only suggested
by the policy and that, as a best practice, it is recommended only when
repacking is needed. Fair enough. Can we either change its meaning or
add a new target which does what you are asking for?

IMHO the connection to the repacking is old fashioned and I would vote
for changing its meaning to a general recommendation.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de