Re: The meaning of Vcs-* fields

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 10:37:10PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
>
> Many people correctly pointed out that get-orig-source is only suggested
> by the policy and that, as a best practice, it is recommended only when
> repacking is needed. Fair enough. Can we either change its meaning or
> add a new target which does what you are asking for?

I usually uscan --download; but this of course only works when the .orig is
the latest by upstream and a watch file is provided.

I've been hacking around uscan lately (working on a version=4 format) so
after that I could probably add a way to specify which upstream version
should be downloaded.

> TIA, Cheers.

Cheers,
Raphael