Re: The meaning of Vcs-* fields

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 01:00:51PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> On 26/01/2008, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> > About these new Vcs-* fields in debian/control: it's not clear to me
> > where the URLs should be pointing at.

> See for yourself:
> | $ PAGER=cat man debcheckout | grep -A1 ^NAME
> | NAME
> |        debcheckout - checkout the development repository of a Debian package

I just tried this on madwifi, and it only pulled me contents of debian/
directory. Now I can't use that to anything, since there is no matching
upstream sources available. I wonder if it would make sense to require
that the Vcs- fields points to something that can actually be built. Now
I have to go wandering where to get the matching upstream..