Re: Incorrect use of dpkg conffile suffixes and lintian checks

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Yeah, but a point is: should we make the snippet in a package and then
> have a dependencies on this? This is going to be suboptimal since some
> of those snippets have to be called in preinst and pre-depends are not
> nice ...

Moving conffiles is very specific to dpkg, so the code to do it belongs
in dpkg, then all that's needed is a versioned (pre-)dependency on dpkg.

I prefer to not add big lumps of "snippet" code into debhelper, for many
reasons. Instead, we find an appropriate package, create an appropriate
utility in that package, and add the minimal boilerplate to debhelper to
be able to call it. A good example is update-icon-caches in libgtk2.0-bin.

--
see shy jo