Re: Incorrect use of dpkg conffile suffixes and lintian checks

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 12:54:42PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Why are we copying shell functions off of wikis and embedding them into
> our maintainer scripts instead of adding the code to Debian once in a
> utility?
>
> (I've considered putting this code in debhelper, but the way it's used
> is not an especially good fit for debhelper.)

Indeed, the XSF is carrying around tons of shell functions that are
generally useful and so should go in to some sort of central package, but
there's nowhere to put them. Getting something like this started has been
on the backburner for me for a while. I'd happily contribute what we've got
to such a package, or help start one up.

 - David Nusinow