Re: Incorrect use of dpkg conffile suffixes and lintian checks

[Roger Leigh]
> A lot of scripts are copying the rm_conffile script from
> http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling which adds a .dpkg-bak
> suffix to old conffiles.
>
> Are such names allowed?  Why can't .dpkg-old be used instead?

I just noticed that when I rewrote the conffile removal code in
initscripts recently, I copied code from
http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling and accidently replaced
the code that created *.dpkg-old files with code that would create
*.dpkg-bak.  I will change this back in initscripts.  I would
recommend that someone fix the wiki page to use *.dpkg-old as well.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen