Re: can Breaks be used already? (was Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?)

Mike Hommey writes ("Re: can Breaks be used already? (was Re: Opinions sought: mlocate 	appropriate for Priority: standard?)"):
> Maybe with the new symbols thing in dpkg-shlibdeps, the new package
> installation toolstack would not depend on the new libc... but there's
> no guarantee for that, unfortunately :-/

I still think the right answer is officially-supported backports of the
upgrade tools, built against the previous release.

Ian.