Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

* Andreas Metzler [Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:41:07 +0100]:

> No, not yet. But once stuff works in experimental (and all components
> have gone through the necessary NEW processing) the respective change
> could go to 4.2.x.

Ah, very well then.

> Imho this problem is not one that needs to be solved, if multiple
> locates are installed, multiple databases should be generated.

I think differently. Particularly given that findutil's locate can be
installed only as a dependency of other packages. (If this wasn't the
case, I'd agree your point of view is valid as well.) Did you consider
this?

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

         Listening to: Fangoria - Me comeré tu piel, me beberé tu sangre