Re: can Breaks be used already? (was Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?)

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:09:06AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Felipe Sateler [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:06:12 -0300]:
> > Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > > * Andreas Metzler [Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:32:47 +0100]:

> > > apt supports it since 0.7.0.

> > I thought we weren't supposed to use it until apt 0.7.0 reaches stable?

> Hm, good point. But is this true, given that the release notes always
> recommend upgrading apt and aptitude prior to performing dist-upgrade?

I think you mean that Ian Jackson always recommends upgrading apt and
aptitude prior to performing dist-upgrade. :)  The release notes haven't
always recommended this, because in the past there have been occasions where
doing so ran into problems related to glibc/kernel circular deps.