Re: AM status for Krystian Wlosek?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > The work of those DD's is constantly reviewed and checked by other DD's
> > - during mass bug filing, NMU's, bug triage etc.etc.
>
> And the work of non-DD contributors isn't?

Not in the same way, no. Most non-DD contributions that actually
affect the archive always go through a DD gatekeeper. At the end of
the day, that DD is the person who is actually responsible.

> We need to trust in that the people, who ever got DD, are trust
> worth. If we do not, then a community and the good work like it is
> can't be kept up.

That's actually backwards from what I've said. My argument is not that
DDs should be trusted, but that DDs are in a position where they can
abuse that trust. The longer they've been a DD (and the more work they
do) the less and less likely they are to do so (at least
intentionally).

> It is just not realizable to ongoing examine if DD stayed actual
> with current policies or their interest.

It's easier to tell[1] which developers are current with what is
happening in Debian (assuming they're active) than it is to tell
whether an NM applicant is.

Don Armstrong

1: by looking at the packages they upload, the bugs that they have
open, and the bugs which have been filed
--
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like colour television