Re: AM status for Krystian Wlosek?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I suppose that everyone are busy today, so do I. I'm a little tired
> with sponsoring his packages and I know he could to upload his
> packages by his own.
>
> I really don't undestand why new developers are checked so precisely.
> I think it is much harder to join Debian than i.e. Google or
> Microsoft. It is ridiculous. I understand, the developers should have
> a good knowledge of unix systems and our ogranization but... that's
> going too far!

The reason why maintainers may be checked far more thoroughly is
because the average employee of Google or Microsoft can't make changes
to any piece of software company wide, nor do they vote on the
direction of the entire company. [It's also far easier to fire someone
than it is to remove a Developer.]

If you feel that the checks are unreasonable or to thorough, then feel
free to make specific recommendations for places where they should be
relaxed, ideally by helping with the NM process.

Don Armstrong

--
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society.