Re: AM status for Krystian Wlosek?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Don Armstrong wrote:
> > Those Developers who haven't gone through the NM process for the most
> > part have been checked by a far more rigorous procedure: they've
> > actually contributed and done the work. [Indeed, all developers are
> > continually being "rechecked" by this metric.]
>
> Eh.. i agree with most of you in this thread. But this argumentation
> meets for almost everybody that really intends to become a DD. That
> does say nothing about quality of their work, *if* they *will* do
> there duties and if they *will* do it in a regular manner. You
> cannot argue with something that cannot be evaluated, whereas you
> ask for evaluation of other peoples contribution to Debian.

Unfortunatly, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying.

The point of NM is to evaluate whether people are capable of
positively contributing to Debian and are going to do so. How this is
done exactly depends on the AM, but that's what the NM procedure does.

If you're arguing that we can't evaluate it with 100% certainty, I
agree. My goal as an AM is to do the best job I can.

If you're saying that it can't be evaluated at all, I disagree.
People's technical skill and previous contributions to Debian all
point to the likelihood of their future contribution.

Don Armstrong

--
My spelling ability, or rather the lack thereof, is one of the wonders
of the modern world.