Re: AM status for Krystian Wlosek?

Don Armstrong schrieb:
> If you're saying that it can't be evaluated at all, I disagree.

No. Don't get me wrong, because that is /absolutely/ not what I wanted
to say. But you said (as far as I have understood) that those Debian
Developers that have /not/ gone through the NM process has proven that
they are good enough to be a DD, by actually (and /just/)"contributing
and doing the work".
I just wanted to point out, that this argumentation is weak, because you
say: "Hey, we need to check if a /new/ prospective developer really has
the intension that conform with the project, is technically skilled, has
actually done something for the project, etc. Yeah, we *really* need to
check it, because he did eventually do some work, but we have not
checked it for quality, for the kind of it has to be for Debian etc."
But OTOH you say: Hey, those Debian Developers that have /not/ been
checked have proven their qualification on their own, without anyone
ever checking this like you do with a NM-application.

Again: I really really think that the NM-Process is a good thing and i
really think it has to be done well, but then you cannot argue /this/
way for people who didn't need to go through this procedure. Hopefully,
I now found a way to tell you, what I meant.

Greets
Patrick