Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 05:02:58AM -0400, Tim Hull wrote:
> In my own case, I figure I'll probably either be running Sid or Ubuntu
> Feisty.

Why don't you want to use testing, again?

> >>From my own experience, it seems like the issue that needs to be fixed to
> make stable more viable for end-users is to have  automated,
> dependency-resolving, backporting functionality in apt.

Backporting isn't always automatic, packages change with time.  Right
now, it is probably not so bad, a simple "apt-get build-dep foo; apt-get
-b source foo" might work because etch has not been released a long time
ago.  But as lenny grows near, more and more packages will need manual
backporting.

Michael