Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

>         Would you consider the possibility that you might be
>  underestimating the skill level of a significant segment of our user
>  base?  I would think that Debian is the domain of skilled users; and
>  that the novices are mostly fled to fedora/ubuntu/xandros/linspire.

In my opinion exactly this should be a goal for Debian: become the
favourite distribution for the not so skilled users. A lot of things are
much better and more easy to handle than in other distributions (yes,
including Ubuntu) - for example a _working_ upgrade path. Installing
Debian is pretty easy these days and KDE/Gnome provide a lot of features
which make sure that the not-so-skilled user will have a good
experience, so it should be possible to become the favourite
distribution of all people.

Cheers,

Bernd
--