Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On 21.07.2007 13:36 schrieb Brice Goglin:
> Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> I prefer reportbug-ng over any webinterface to recieve bug reports. All
>> the information about the reporters system that is automatically
>> gathered about architecture, package versions and such.
>
> reportbug-ng does *not* gather all the information about the reporters
> system... see #422085

This bug is about replicating a reportbug specific feature. In my
opinion most of the time it is not necessary to always collect all
possibly useful information about the reporters system. And in the cases
where the automatically collected information was not sufficient, the
maintainer has always the option to ask for more info.

Rng was by the way not intended to be a 1:1 replacement for reportbug or
just a reportbug-with-GUI.

But nevertheless, I agree that this bug report is worth a read. It
nicely demonstrates how some developers use to argue with others.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org