Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On Saturday 21 July 2007 14:44, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Rng was by the way not intended to be a 1:1 replacement for reportbug or
> just a reportbug-with-GUI.

This is not really supported by the naming of your program (an edit distance
of 3 with reportbug) nor by the description. Those two will suggest to the
casual user that this is a tool that you could use just as well as the
regular 'reportbug' tool.

Different maintainers have already registered that this is not the case for
them and reportbug-ng provides less quality bug reports to them. That is the
good right of reportbug-ng, but if this is by design then reportbug-ng should
be clear to users that it's not actually a replacement for reportbug.

> But nevertheless, I agree that this bug report is worth a read. It
> nicely demonstrates how some developers use to argue with others.

Like those developers that prefer spending their time on writing statements to
the technical committee rather than adding the feature? :-)

Thijs