Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> For me the reference how to write bug reports is described here:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html
>
> where /usr/share/bugs is not even mentioned.

I'm not really sure if that's the appropriate place to document
/usr/share/bugs, but since reportbug is mentioned in the 6th
paragraph, it is kind of included by reference. [It appears that
debian-bug.el doesn't actually do the /usr/share/bugs/<package>/*;
thing either, so someone who actually uses that probably should file a
wishlist bug.]

That said, it would be rather trivial for me to add a brief paragraph
explaining how to run those scripts and supply the output in the bug
reporting instructions; perhaps I'll do so.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"