Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 09:42:48AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Okay, as long as it can easily be configured, I see no problem in
> > disabling it by default.  But there should be either a prominent menu
> > entry which is easy to find, or a README.Debian in an obvious package.
>
> If disabled with NoDisplay=true, you can easily re-enable the Debian
> menu in alacarte (accessible with a right click and "edit menus"). Would
> that suit you?

Please note that 'alacarte' is not part of gnome-core. I'm not very into
GNOME but a *different* application seems to get executed for editing menus
if you don't have the 'gnome-desktop-environment' meta-package (which pulls
in alacarte) but just have gnome-core.

If alacarte should be a core tool (as you seem to imply) maybe it should be
pulled in by gnome-core. Otherwise users will get different behaviours
depending on their package selection (full GNOME desktop vs. minimalistic
GNOME desktop). Don't you think?

Regards

Javier