Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> I like Don's idea - remove the Debian menu from those window managers
> etc. that understand .desktop files and make the Debian menu aware
> of .desktop files for those other systems.

Oh, please not.  Everytime I try a "desktop environment", I end up using
its menus nearly only for configuring it, and the Debian menu for doing
real work.  It's the menu I am used to, and it would really reduce my
productivity to miss it.  Not that a desktop environment increases my
productivity, anyway; but should I actually want to get used to one for
longer, it would indeed make my personal transition smoother if I can
start with the familiar Debian menu and switch to the respective desktop
environment menus gradually.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster