Re: Question about "Depends: bash"

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 02:21:43PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> If we can support low end systems with *minimal* effort, fine, but you
> are asking lots of *extra* effort.

I think the two of you are spending far more effort *arguing* about this
than it actually takes, in practice, to keep Debian scripts invoking /bin/sh
compatible with dash.  That is, after all, the point you're currently
arguing against, even though this result is already implied by policy's
current mandate for POSIX-compliant maintainer scripts when using /bin/sh as
an interpreter.  Has this requirement ever cost you (or anyone) so much
development time that this thread is anything other than absurdly
disproportionate?