Re: Question about "Depends: bash"

> I'm not sure I follow. I' puzzled why you do not seem benefit in:
>
> - Making scripts sh-agnostict. That is making them portable
> - Supporting low end systems with minimal of effort
> - Improving the overall awaress of shells

I don't care about the "awareness" of shells, no.

If we can support low end systems with *minimal* effort, fine, but you
are asking lots of *extra* effort.

I don't care about making anything sh-agnostic.  bash is just a
language; dash is just a language.  We don't insist that our C programs
be C-compiler-agnostic; we don't insist that lisp or scheme programs be
dialect-agnostic; why should we insist this for shell programs?

If a maintainer wants to make a script that works with dash and posh and
busybox, they can do that too.  They can even have a debconf option that
asks the user which #! line to use.

None of this requires this obsessive nattering about /bin/sh.

Thomas