Re: Question about "Depends: bash"

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 00:02 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
> "fast enought" is in the eye of a beholder. Try with PII/64M with
> X deskop with 20 sessions of bash open. And opening firefox and xchat.

What on earth is this nonsense about multiple invocations?  Do you not
understand what shared text is?

> Anyway. What works for some is no indication of that it works for all.
> I'm not sure why people are so enthustiastic with bash. It's just a
> shell and there are alternatives to it - which are quite nice.

I never understood what was so wonderful about perl.  Yet, Debian
decided to make perl Essential, so there it is.  Such decisions have to
be made.

Nobody is telling you not to use the alternatives.  Go ahead! Use them!
Encourage other people to!

But don't tell me that I *must* use the alternative.

Thomas