Re: greylisting on debian.org?

On Sunday 09 July 2006 15:48, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
[greylisting]
> The point was about mailers sending mail to debian. If they receive a
> 4xx they have to queue the mail and retry later. It's cheap for
> debian, but expensive for everyone else.

Does anybody have sensible numbers about that?

On my relatively small server, I usually have between 0 and 40 messages in
the deferred queue.  Of those, up to 1 or 2 are due to greylisting.  All
others are because recipients have crap mailservers or nameservers.

As madduck said: either you are small, so your mailserver isn't loaded
anyway, or you're big, so the additional load from greylisting isn't
noticeable, or you're a spammer.

Hmm.  Discussing mail problems on irc while answering mailing list mail in a
mail setup related mail thread mail confuses me mail. can't mail stop mail.

cheers
-- mail

--
Perl: The Swiss Army Chainsaw