Re: greylisting on debian.org?

On Monday 10 July 2006 02:17, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 05:02:39PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Another problem is with hosts that do not accept a message from an MTA
> > unless that MTA is willing to accept replies.  This is a common spam
> > prevention measure.
>
> It also prevents mail from setups that use different servers for inbound
> and outbound mail.

Hmm.  I've not seen this kind of sender verification.  As I know it, the
receiving MX connects the regular MX for the sender address to see if
*that* is ready to receive mail.  Works beautifully if outbound != inbound.

While very effective, this is admittedly the kind of spam prevention measure
which puts some load on the systems on both ends.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured product: the KDE desktop - http://kde.org