Re: greylisting on debian.org?

also sprach Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> [2006.07.09.1430 +0200]:
> For example, that greylisting puts significant load on systems
> that deliver mail to us,

I am sorry, I don't buy this argument at all. First, a 4xx is not
"significant load" on any mailer unless you're running some piece of
crap. Sure, when you reach the thousands, even postfix could break
the occasional sweat, but which one server delivers thousands of
messages to continuously new from/rcpt combinations -- because
remember, greylisting caches.

> and that it is only a question of time before spam zombies retry.

Yeah sure, which is why some of us wanted greylisting years ago, so
the question of time would have been longer regardless.

`. `'`

"man kann die menschen nur von ihren eigenen meinungen überzeugen."
                                                    -- charles tschopp