Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

> On 30 May 2006, Wouter Verhelst spake thusly:
>
>> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 06:28:32AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>> On 28 May 2006, Thomas Bushnell stated:

>>> I really think either you are deliberately being obtuse, or
>>> nothing I can say will get this through to you.  I fail to see how
>>> one can assert that there was no forgery going on -- do you
>>> automatically assume that if a shiney laminated document with some
>>> random issueing authority listed on it is not forged?
>>
>> What Martin Krafft showed you was,
>
>         How do I know that person actually was  Martin Krafft?

This is getting ridiculuous.  If what I've read about the incident is
correct, the same person also showed a German ID card with identical
information about the person.  Either you believe ID cards, then you
believe it was Martin Krafft.  Or you don't, then you shouldn't ask
people to revoke their signatures on Martin Krafft's key - when I signed
his key, I verified his identity with an ID that I trusted and still
trust.  Why should I revoke the signature or not sign his new key, when
you don't even know whether it was really him?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)