Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:45:42PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 25 May 2006 15:26, Mike Hommey wrote:
> >
> > I'm pretty sure we can find official IDs that look so lame that you'd think
> > it's a fake (the old french ones could be good example, and i know people
> > who still use that as an ID, though they wouldn't come to a KSP ; they
> > don't even know what a GPG/PGP key is).
>
> Other good examples would be IDs issued to people under age 21 in the state of
> Washington (printed the wrong direction on the card), Oregon IDs issued prior
(...)

Also worth noting that Spanish driving license IDs are on that group. They
are just (pink) cardboard with your name written in with a typewriter and
your picture *stapled* to it. I believe that has changed now (last year?) and
driving licenses now look more "official" (plastic cards)

I have always wondered why they are useful in Spain for ID purposes (even for
voting in general ellections) since it's a boy's game to unstaple somebody's
picture from his driving license and go vote with his ID and your picture in
it [0]. Go figure.

Regards,

Javier

[0] As long as he doesn't go and vote too, since the people in the voting table
would notice that he has voted twice and probably would have to reject the
whole voting box of that table (as they would be unable to find and remove
the previous voters' vote).