Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:33:00PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2006, Sven Luther told this:
> > You did never intent to do so, since you clearly said numerous time
> > that you where frustrated with the kernel team taking over your work
> > on kernel-package, and that you put self-compiled kernels at a
> > higher priority than the official debian kernels.
>
>         This is a lie.  I merely would not let the official kernel
>  image use case obliterate the ome user use case, and I refuse to
>  create diverging code bases for these use cases. A solution that
>  panders entirely to one4 use case would not be acceptable, no.

Notice thought that you left the kernel team many month almost alone to
handle this, and then came suddenly back to impose your dictat in a strong
way, which resulted in a clash.

We have since then, i believe, solved this to everyone's satisfaction, but you
where not better than me in how we handled that dispute, so i find it
astunding that you jump on me at the first occasion like you seem to do. (but
what can one judge more than on seeming ?).

> > Already people like Bastian Blank are so frustrated with you that
> > they repeteadly threatened to remove all dependency on
> > kernel-package from the kernel,
>
> 	So you keep telling me.

point taken. I think his position is known enough about this, and i will no
more invoke it, and let him say it or not as he wants.

Friendly,

Sven Luther