Re: removal of svenl from the project

On 15 Mar 2006, Sven Luther told this:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:53:04AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I strongly agree that Sven Luther is a disruptive element, and his
>> presence hurts the project more than it helps. I have found a
>> pattern of behaviour from him, where any discussion first focuses
>> on blame allocation, and swiftly proceeds to personal
>> recrimination, mischaracterization, and extreme polemics. Indeed,
>> it is my experience that his prolific, rude, and relentless
>> insults, misquotes, and distortions often result in delays in
>> discovering the correct technical solution to the problem being
>> investigated.
>
> This comming from you, who insulted me on irc together with jonas
> while i may have argued, but never used a and insulting word, about
> the ramdisk generation issue, i guess you have no shame.

        My recollection (and logs) differ.

>> By itself this would not be enough, but the pattern of
>> bahaviour has lead to people opting not to join the kernel team,
>> myself included.
>
> You did never intent to do so, since you clearly said numerous time
> that you where frustrated with the kernel team taking over your work
> on kernel-package, and that you put self-compiled kernels at a
> higher priority than the official debian kernels.

        This is a lie.  I merely would not let the official kernel
 image use case obliterate the ome user use case, and I refuse to
 create diverging code bases for these use cases. A solution that
 panders entirely to one4 use case would not be acceptable, no.

> Already people like Bastian Blank are so frustrated with you that
> they repeteadly threatened to remove all dependency on
> kernel-package from the kernel,

	So you keep telling me.

        manoj

--