Re: question on hurd-i386 Debian architecture

Riku Voipio wrote:

[2] http://www.emdebian.org/slind.html

This one looks dead.

I understand we live in a gentoo-driven 0-day bleeding edge culture, but
this is quite spectacular deducment. SLIND was published exactly two
weeks ago in FOSDEM and it is already dead?
...and i386-uclibc[3] alioth project, which is quite staganant ATM and hasn't selected arch name yet.

[3] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/i386-uclibc/

There were no updates to this one since october. Is it still alive?

I already said it was stagnant, please pay attention. I brought it into
attention since it makes more sense to revive a old project than to
start a completly new one.

I am not starting a new project. I want to see support for i386-uclibc in
standard Debian packages. So far, I have patches to a fair amount of
essential packages, most of which are trivial. This gives me some confidence
that we can just add i386-uclibc as a supported architecture, along with
arm-uclibc, mipsel-uclibc etc.

Also, looking at http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=i386-uclibc I see only binutils and gcc. In the other thread "cross-compiling Debian packages" I already mentioned that binutils and gcc are trivial to retarget nowadays. The tricky
bit is patching all those 25411 packages...