Re: question on hurd-i386 Debian architecture

Wouter Verhelst wrote:

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 01:05:38AM +0100, Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
Dpkg maintainer(s), what do you think is the correct procedure for
additing these things i.e., extra -vendor and -libc fields? I already
have a patch for dpkg package which adds-in uclibc variants...

Not being a dpkg maintainer, I find this to be a gratuitous change for
no good reason (other than "it looks a bit better"). I don't see what
point it would serve.
Maybe the ability to run Debian on embedded or old systems?
AFAIK, there is currently no support for running Debian with uclibc...