Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> writes:
> Do you really think users who fail to notice an "Origin" tag from
> apt-cache, and believe they're above using reportbug, will notice an
> "-ubuntuN" suffix in the version number?

Actually it seems fairly likely that they would -- version numbers are
_far_ more visible than other package meta-data.

I even know this from personal experience:  a while ago I played around
with mixing ubuntu and debian, and various "ubuntu" strings in the
version numbers were highly noticeable.

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo