Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 02:21:06AM -0600, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> Do you really think users who fail to notice an "Origin" tag from
> apt-cache, and believe they're above using reportbug, will notice an
> "-ubuntuN" suffix in the version number?  I don't.  I think you are
> arguing on abstract philosophical grounds rather than trying to solve a
> real problem.

The .deb control file itself does not include the Origin tag, so this only
work if you have Ubuntu in your source.list at the time you run apt-cache.
(and actually apt-cache show available packages attribute rather than
attribute of installed packages).

This is not particularly accurate nor robust.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.